How to Maximize Your Jade Rolling Benefits: 10 Dos and Don’ts!
by Organically Becca Thursday, October 24
You’ve most likely heard of jade rolling...it’s so trendy and popular among wellness blogs right now! But for a good reason; there are both health and skincare benefits! So today let’s chat more about jade rolling, the benefits, and how to properly use a roller. Warning: after trying one out, you WILL be hooked!
Benefits of Jade Rolling
Let’s start with the benefits. Jade is a stone used in Chinese medicine. It cleanses and helps the body drain the lymphatic and filtration system. A roller is simply a tool to make it easy to glide across your face and body.
- Drains lymph nodes which helps release toxins
- Relieves stress and tension
- Depuffs skin and helps with dark circles around your eyes
- Reduces inflammation and puffiness
- Rolls out wrinkles and promotes elasticity
- Tones facial muscles
- Soothes skin
- Stimulates blood flow and circulation
- Relieves sinus pressure
- Stimulates acupuncture and reflex points on your body to help with the healing process
Dos and Don’ts of Jade Rolling
It might seem straightforward, but there is actually a technique and proper way to utilize a roller! Basically, you want to use upward and outward motions and apply light to moderate pressure. Check out this video for a demo and how to properly roll:
- Keep your roller clean by wiping down with a damp cloth or using a gentle, natural soap (not necessarily after each use but at least weekly)
- Roll over clean skin
- Make sure the roller is completely dry when stored away
- Start from the center of your face and work your way out
- Use extremely hot water or harsh soaps to wash your roller (that can erode the polish and finish!)
- Soak for long periods of time
- Roll over makeup or dirty skin
- Rush or roll too fast, it should be a relaxing experience plus you don’t want to be too rough on your skin
- Expose your roller to extreme temperature changes because they are delicate and can break
- Apply too much pressure as you roll
To take your jade rolling experience to the next level, try some of these tips:
- Store your jade roller in the fridge or freezer so it’s nice and cool for you when you want to use it (Trust me, it feels amazing!)
- Roll over a sheet mask to enhance the goodness of the mask and really work those beneficial ingredients into your skin
- Or you can roll over a warm, damp washcloth on your face
Where to Buy a Jade Roller
You can buy a GingerChi Jade Roller right here at The Choosy Chick! These are made with Xiuyan Jade which is known as Wagou Jade. The color varies from very pale green, almost white to translucent deep turquoise green. Stone size and color may vary due to handmade nature.
It's as easy as that! I dare you to give it a try...but I think it will end up becoming a ritual in your skincare routine! So many benefits, but it just feels SO good.
Written by: Organically Becca
Becca is a blogger, podcaster, wife, and dog mom from Milwaukee, Wisconsin. She’s on a mission to get the word out about chemicals found in our everyday items like makeup, food, and personal care products. She provides education on ways you can live a more holistic life and easy swaps you can make in your routine to naturally safer products. Check out Becca’s blog organicallybecca.com and catch her on Instagram @organicallybecca.